Kaolin is a clay composed of kaolinite with a chemical formula of Al2O3-2SiO2-2H2O. Kaolin is one of the major minerals in the world and one of the most widely used minerals. Kaolin is mainly formed after feldspar is completely weathered and washed by rain. Pure kaolin has high whiteness, softness, easy to disperse and suspend in water, good plasticity and high adhesion, excellent electrical insulation properties; good acid resistance, low cation exchange capacity, good Physical and chemical properties of fire resistance.
Kaolin is not considered to be China's dominant resource. At present, there are more than 700 kaolin mines in China. The proven reserves of 200 mines are 3 billion tons, and the mines are scattered. Among them, coal-bearing kaolin is 1.67 billion tons, mainly distributed in the Carboniferous-Permian coal measures in the northeast and northwest of northern China, and exists in the form of intercalated coal, top and bottom, or individual ore layers.
For foreigners, China was first known for porcelain, so China's English is the same as porcelain. In China, Jingdezhen is famous for its porcelain, and Jingdezhen is rich in natural resources. Underground is a high-quality porcelain clay mine. Kaolin produced in Gaoling Village, 45 kilometers east of the urban area, was the first major raw material for porcelain making in China. Spread abroad in the 18th century, this special clay is called KaoLin internationally. Gaoling Village has become a yearning for archaeologists and geologists at home and abroad. Other porcelain clay mines are scattered, including as many as 170 in neighboring counties. Its reserves are approved for production control and can be used for hundreds of years.
As a plastic filler, kaolin has excellent electrical insulation properties, and can be used as a polyvinyl chloride wire sheath, polyethylene, polypropylene cables, and film composite materials. For example, adding 10% by weight of kaolin to polyvinyl chloride can improve the electrical insulation performance by 5 to 10 times. Kaolin can also be incorporated into polystyrene-based film composites to make printed paper. Kaolin as a crystallization nucleating agent for polypropylene has a good effect.
Q: What is the relationship between kaolin and porcelain clay?
Answer: The product of bad. Kaolin village in Jingdezhen, China is rich in kaolin clay, which is mainly used for porcelain production, because porcelain was named porcelain clay, and was later transliterated as kaolin abroad. But kaolin is not all porcelain, because some kaolin with low quality cannot be used for porcelain.
Q: What are the processing technologies and uses of kaolin?
Answer: Kaolin processing is divided into several links: 1. The crushing process is mainly the crushing of kaolinite. 2. The grinding process mainly uses a Raymond mill or a high-pressure mill to grind the broken kaolin. The fineness can reach four standards: 100 mesh, 200 mesh, 300 mesh, and 400 mesh. 3. Calcination process, the calcination of kaolin can increase its whiteness. Kaolin with low grade can also be purified by water washing and then calcined.
- Recommended model: PE250 * 400 Hubei equipment features: simple structure, suitable for material crushing before the mill
- Recommended model: 6R high-pressure mill equipment features: outstanding milling capacity, small footprint, high efficiency
- Recommended model: Integrated suspension roller mill Features: Unique mechanism, excellent performance, reliable operation, high efficiency and energy saving
- Recommended model: Ultra-fine powder mill Equipment features: Can make more than 600 mesh fine powder, fine up to 2500 mesh
Kaolin processing is divided into several links:
1. The crushing process is mainly the crushing of kaolinite. The jaw crusher can be used to crush kaolinite. The jaw crusher has a large inlet and is a common equipment for coarse crushing. If you want to match Raymond mill or high-pressure mill, the preferred choice is a jaw crusher of PE400 * 250, with an output of 5-20 tons per hour. If the kaolinite particles are relatively large, it may wish to join the multi-stage crushing link, and the selected equipment can also develop in the direction of large output.
2. The grinding process mainly uses a Raymond mill or a high-pressure mill to grind the broken kaolin. The fineness can reach four standards: 100 mesh, 200 mesh, 300 mesh, and 400 mesh. Kaolin is pulverized by a pulverizer, and pulverized between the magic rings of the grinding roller. An analysis machine is used to adjust the fineness, and a powder separator is used to select powders that meet the standard. Shanghai Jianye Heavy Industry recommends the use of a professional kaolin mill YGM4528 high-pressure mill as a high-efficiency processing equipment for kaolin. The output of this equipment can reach about 10 tons per hour, and the fineness can be adjusted between 100 mesh and 600 mesh. Compared with the traditional Raymond mill, the performance has been greatly improved.
3. During the calcination process, the calcination of kaolin can increase its whiteness. Kaolin with low grade can also be purified by water washing and then calcined.
Q: Which is better to use high-pressure mill and Raymond mill as kaolin mill?
A: Raymond mill is a long-established equipment that is still in use today. The high-pressure mill is exactly the improved equipment of the Raymond mill. A high-pressure spring has been added. The pressure has improved the performance of the mill. Today, the high-pressure mill has its own grid system, and the output of equipment has been continuously increased. The pass rate has inherited the excellent characteristics of the Raymond mill. Today's 6R high-pressure mill The output has reached more than 10 tons per hour. So both are pulverizers that can be used for kaolin grinding, but the high-pressure pulverizers have better performance.
Processing purpose: milling
Target hourly output: 7 tons per hour
Recommended models: two 9518 mills
Processing use: building powder
Target hourly output: 10t / h
Recommended model: YGM4528 high pressure mill